If you are reading this post, the chances that you have also seen that today we are announcing the publication of our June 2019 Annual Responsible Business Report are high.
The enthusiasm of all of us at CWT towards the goal of making our company a reference in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) have come together in a document where we proudly capture our many achievements.
This year we are extremely proud that our report has reached again the UN Global Compact Advanced level.
It proves that, since 2012 - when we first became a signatory to the UN Global Compact, we have been able to demonstrate our CSR holistic approach at a global level, as well as our will and strategy to continuously progress on each of the responsible business domains we cover: Responsible Business Strategy and Governance, Ethics and Business Behavior, Human Resources, Human Rights, Environment, Responsible Products and Services, and Community Involvement.
To reach this highest UN Global Compact level a company’s annual report needs to:
- Detail to stakeholders how the company lives up to its commitment to mainstream the 10 principles.
- Meet the UN Global Compact 24 Advanced Criteria by explaining how the company is implementing the Ten Principles into its Strategies & Operations, and how robust its Management Policies & Procedures are.
- Prove which of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) the company addresses through its activities.
- Be transparent in its communications and follow recognized reporting standards such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- Demonstrate a solid, holistic approach to CSR, and show that it has implemented best practices and reported progress on some of the UN Global Compact’s advanced criteria.
- Be assessed by a third party.
Being a signatory of the Global Compact and achieving the Global Compact Advanced level demonstrates a solid commitment to CSR and is the most rewarding of efforts.
We invite you to join us and the thousands of companies that are today taking part in the UN Global Compact. Together, we can succeed at putting CSR at the center of business activity and contributing to a better world.
Blog author: Françoise Grumberg, Vice President, Global Responsible Business and Diversity & Inclusion, CWT.